Monday, July 21, 2014

Just saw “The Purge: Anarchy”


An interesting premise but an execution that is too annoying to be taken seriously.

The biggest drawback in this movie is the dialogue with none of the protagonists saying something believable in the given situations they are in. It's so terrible it actually distracts from the Rich v.s. Poor conflict that movie is suppose to be propagating. By the end part of me wanted to believe that the movie was being cleaver by explaining that the real conflict was the The State v.s The People and that the Purge itself was a failed government program that is being pushed for the governments own sake. However I doubt many will care to notice or even remember that point even as it is revealed so near the end.

Movies like this are meant to be politically insightful entertainment but the only amusing insights I had came from my own imagination filling in the gaps after I muscled through the annoying dialogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment