Monday, June 23, 2014

Just saw "Jersey Boys"

If you like movies like “Dreamgirls”, “Cadillac Records”, and/or the music of the “Four Seasons” you’ll probably like this. I sorta did.
It’s very difficult to judge a movie like this because biographies don’t follow the typical nature of a movie arc. Movies like this are basically great drama sections with musical stage numbers separating them. The one unique element in this movie is that rather than using voice over to tell the story the different characters break the fourth wall to the audience with their own perspectives. That was nice change of pace I thought.
This movie was informative with great acting, but when I watched the end and saw Christopher Walken in what can be best described as a singing and dancing curtain call I though to myself, “I need to watch “Hairspray” form 2007 again for something more upbeat.”

No comments:

Post a Comment