Monday, June 30, 2014

Just saw "Transformers: Age of Extinction"

This movie demonstrates that it is possible to fall asleep on a roller-coaster ride, especially if it lasts for nearly three hours; but is anyone really surprised?

Maybe it's just me but whenever I watch a Micheal Bay movie I am always struggling to stay amused, especially with the Transformers movies. All the fight scene as almost identical: exposition, robot tumbles, robot shoots back, robot makes a snaky comment, watch humans not get crushed, repeat. The characters are all basically unlikable, and when they are not unlikable they are boring, and when they are not boring they are empty shells. I will admit that it is fun to watch the CGI robots fight each other but their fights are always interrupted by the plot and by the fact that I'm not emotionally invested in their situation.

With this "little" reminder of Micheal Bay's directing style I dread to think how uninteresting the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are going to be in a month and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment